2 YEARS FITTED PARTS WARRANTY
RENAULT TRUCKS OFFERS 2 YEARS WARRANTY ON FITTED PARTS
If a Genuine Renault Trucks Part, proves to be defective due to faulty material or manufacture within 12 months of date of purchase (unlimited mileage), it will be repaired or replaced by an authorised Renault Trucks workshop, covering the cost for parts only, not labour.
2 Years Fitted Parts Warranty:
If a Genuine Renault Trucks Part, which is fitted by a qualified technician(1), proves to be defective due to faulty material or manufacture, within 24 months of date of purchase (unlimited mileage), it will be repaired or replaced by an authorised Renault Trucks workshop, covering the cost for both parts and labour.
In addition, if the defective Genuine Renault Trucks Part results in a breakdown or causes consequential vehicle damage, then this is covered too.
The Parts Warranty and the 2 Years Fitted Parts Warranty are subject to the following conditions:
- Only Genuine Renault Trucks Parts are covered.
- Proof of parts purchase from the authorised Renault Trucks workshop is presented by the person making the claim under warranty.
- The part and vehicle have been serviced and maintained in accordance with Renault Trucks recommendations.
For 2 Years Fitted Parts Warranty, the following conditions also apply:
- Proof of fitment (original invoice) is presented by the person making the claim under warranty.
- The part must be correctly fitted to the Renault Trucks vehicle for which it was designed, by a qualified technician(1) who has completed Renault Trucks approved training course on the relevant vehicle, has access to the latest relevant Renault Trucks technical service information and uses Renault Trucks’ specialist tools relevant to the repair.
- Breakdown assistance(2) and consequential vehicle damage cover is only applicable if the warranty repair or replacement is carried out by an authorised Renault Trucks workshop.
- To qualify for breakdown assistance the vehicle must be found to present a road safety hazard when being driven, or not be capable of being driven to the nearest authorised Renault Trucks workshop as a result of the defective part.
- Consequential vehicle damage is limited to damage to any Genuine Renault Trucks Parts fitted to the vehicle damaged as a direct result of the failure of the defective part. For the avoidance of doubt this excludes the superstructure or any other non-genuine Renault Trucks part.
Warranty exclusions and limitations
The Parts Warranty and 2 Years Fitted Parts Warranty are NOT valid for:
- A defect resulting from normal wear and tear or improper handling or incorrect storage of the part.
- Parts replaced free of charge under vehicle/driveline warranty, recalls or campaigns.
- If the part and/or vehicle have been subjected to an accident, improperly used, modified, rebuilt or changed.
- Damage caused due to neglect, incorrect fitment or adjustment of the part or the failure of another Genuine Renault Trucks Part or non – genuine part.
- Any losses, costs or damage, including loss of use, profit, expected savings, load, lodging, phone calls, meals, express deliveries, lost time, inconvenience, loss of transportation, or any other direct/indirect incidental or consequential loss or damage you (or anyone else) may incur as a result of a defect covered by this warranty.
Renault Trucks reserve the right to update these warranty terms & conditions from time to time. The warranty terms that apply will be those in force at the time of purchase.
This is a summary of the key benefits and exclusions, for more information please contact your authorised Renault Trucks workshop.
1) This excludes purchases and fitments carried out by the customer to his/her own vehicles. But includes fitments performed by qualified technicians operating within the Renault Trucks authorised network and, within the EEA and Switzerland also fitments performed by qualified technicians that are not part of the Renault Trucks authorised network, provided that the qualified technicians meet the standards set by Renault Trucks and the relevant parts were purchased from a Renault Trucks authorised workshop within the EEA or Switzerland and fitted to a third party’s vehicles.
2) Breakdown assistance is available in selected markets
The Parts Warranty and 2 Years Fitted Parts Warranty are applicable for:
- Renault Trucks Genuine Parts
- Renault Trucks eXchange Parts
- Renault Trucks Genuine Accessories